[Catalog-sig] Rating feature

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 11:37:16 CEST 2009

René Dudfield wrote:
> Just leave them there?  I don't think authors should be able to delete
> bad reviews.

That's not the point, the point is spam and crappy comments, both of
which are much more likely than a reviewer deleting a review they don't
like...

The last thing I want is to have all the package pages on PyPI become
semi-blogs with long threads of comments where people end up answering
other peoples comments, etc, etc.

Ratings I like, comments I don't. I can tolerate comments if I can at
least hoover them off my own packages.

Maybe a per-package option to disable comments? I would be fine to have
something shown that says "This evil package doesn't want to let you
comment on it" is that would make you happier ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk