[Catalog-sig] Rating feature

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Sep 21 12:37:00 CEST 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>>> They don't get mailed. As for rendering them: see
>>>
>>> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/hgsvn
>> This raises an interesting question:
>>
>> - how do I, as a package owner, delete spam comments when they
>> eventually turn up? (they will turn up, be very sure of that...)
>
> If it's proper spam, by filing a support request.

What if it's just misplaced, but where the person posting the comment
refuses to remove it?

>> - more subtle, how do I delete comments that belong elsewhere?
>>   The hgsvn comment that's there feels like it belongs on a mailing list
>>   and is not a "review comment". What I'd be looking for is a way to
>>   delete the comment, reply to its author but leave the rating there.
>
> That sounds very complicated to implement. If you know the person who
> posted the comment, you can ask her to remove the comment, and file it
> elsewhere.

Can I please beg for the ability for package maintainers to say "no
comments" (but leave ratings working!) even if that means something like
"This package has elected not to receive comments" on it?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk