[Catalog-sig] Rating feature

Doug Hellmann doug.hellmann at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:01:56 CEST 2009

On Sep 24, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> Can we have a compromise solution that allows a project owner to
>> optionally close comments but leaves the numerical ranking in place?
>
> Not sure what exactly you are asking for; contributions are welcome.

I'm asking for you to turn off comments, or give me a way to do it
myself on my own projects, because I don't want my users mad at me
when I don't see their questions on a web site over which I have
little control.

Learning all of the existing code well enough to modify it would be a
big investment of time on my part, and not one I care to make without
a minimal indication from you that the change would have the least
chance of being accepted.  I would at least like to reach the point
where we can agree on the *idea* of a feature before I go digging
around in a bunch of code trying to implement it.

> Please use the PyPI bug tracker for feature requests or bug reports
> on PyPI.

Sorry, I learned about this change on this mailing list, so I thought
it was appropriate to discuss it here.  Where is the bug tracker?

Doug