[Catalog-sig] How to make and see comments on PyPI

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 11 11:51:10 CEST 2010

I'm having problems seeing comments on PyPI. I am already logged in,
using either Firefox or Konqueror.

I can find projects that have "Rate this release" buttons and a "Review"
text box, e.g. this one chosen at random:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bzr-bash-completion/1.1.0

I presume Review is the comment system, but I can't find any existing
comments. Could it be that I've just been unlucky and every one of the
dozen or two projects I've looked at have never had any comments?

In particular, I'd like to leave a comment on my own project -- I've
discovered a minor issue with the release, too minor to bother making
an immediate new release just to fix, and so would like to leave a
comment noting the issue. But I can see no way of leaving a comment.

I have made sure that Allow comments is checked for my project.

--
Steven D'Aprano