[Catalog-sig] PEP 345 Update

Alexis Métaireau alexis at notmyidea.org
Mon Aug 23 12:10:36 CEST 2010

 Le 08/23/2010 05:56 AM, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
> If that's the case, then it should suffice to explain in the PEP that the
>> intent of this field is for an author/owner to describe reorganization of
>> their own software, rather than for one package to claim that it's a
>> replacement for another.
> We can improve the Obsoletes-Dist description, sure. Notice that
> it will be misused if we don't add Conflict-Dist. That's basically
> why I wanted to add this field, as suggested by someone on IRC (sorry
> I forgot who)
True: we need to make the descriptions clearer, especially fot the
installation script creation POV.

I have updated the description of those two fields (that are
obsoletes-Release and Conflict-Release — *not* dist), you can see the
changes I propose here:
http://bitbucket.org/ametaireau/python-peps/changeset/22f08df917f2

Cheers,
Alexis