[Catalog-sig] User-agents / download hit

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 24 01:30:35 CEST 2010

> Proposals: let's remove z3c.pypimirror and pep381client from the download stats.

This isn't really implementable as formulated: for many of the files, I
just don't know what user agent has downloaded them.

So if I reduce this number displayed by some value, I couldn't really
claim that the remaining number now doesn't include pypimirror or
pep381client.

Also, what about other automatic downloaders, such as Googlebot, wget,
or buildout?

I plan to display each download counter broken down by UA, so that users
could form their own opinion on how many downloads the file has really
seen. Implementing this would take some time, though (as would
implementing anything else, for that matter).