[Catalog-sig] PyPI OpenID changes

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 4 22:24:59 CET 2010

>>> Good luck to those trying to use [the Sourceforge bug tracker]. For
>>> me, the bug tracker login
>>> <URL:https://sourceforge.net/account/login.php> only leads to a
>>> timeout. I'll have to resort to email submission of bug reports.
>> Please understand that chances are high that I ignore/forget about
>> email bug reports.
>
> Understood.
>
> You might want to solicit assistance (if you know what assistance is
> needed) to switch away from the Sourceforge bug tracker, if you feel
> that there are parallels between Python's reasons for switching away and
> PyPI.

There may be reasons to switch to a different bug tracker, but not
parallels. For example, one report in the tracker asked for a bug
tracker that accepts the same passwords as PyPI. OTOH, other parallels
may not apply: e.g. it doesn't need to be written in Python.

So: if anybody would volunteer to setup a bug tracker for PyPI that
accepts the same passwords as PyPI (and probably should also support
OpenID, preferably with the same IDs associated with users as in PyPI),
please step forward. Moving to the new bug tracker would preferably
also move all open reports (closed reports optional).