[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] packaging terminology confusion

John Gabriele jmg3000 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:30:44 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> How's that sound?
>
> I read this as a -1 for changing PyPI to use "project".

Well, I'd say not -1, nor +1. I think either name for the PyPI is ok.

I was trying to address the larger issue of confusion of terminology.
I think that no matter what you call the site, in common use users
will still catch themselves saying "get a package from the PyPI",
rather than "get a project from the PyPI". I mean, even some experts
here accidentally refer to distributions as packages.

---John