[Catalog-sig] Commercial software listings?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Jan 11 22:50:02 CET 2010

Is PyPI intended for the listing of paid commercial software?

Given "If you have some free software or open source modules that you've
polished up and would like to contribute, we'd love to have them
included in the PyPI!" from

http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopTutorial

I thought not, but

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/emma/1.0

for instance, has a 1000 euro license fee. If this is OK, I think there
should be an indication on such listings so one not interested in paying
such a fee would not waste time. Or there should be a separate
'commercial software' section with paid listings.

tjr