[Catalog-sig] PyPI ssh access

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 11 23:06:20 CET 2010

I have now set up SSH access for PyPI. The procedure works like this:

1. upload your SSH key(s) to your PyPI account.
2. Connect using 'ssh -T submit at pypi.python.org', and send a single HTTP
   request. PyPI will associate the request with the respective PyPI
   account.

I have yet to figure out why Connection: keep-alive doesn't work (i.e.
you need to reconnect for every request).

Apart from that, please try this out and report your findings; I'm
sure patches to distutils/distribute are welcome.

If you find bugs, please report them to the PyPI bugtracker.