[Catalog-sig] PyPI ssh access

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Jan 12 00:43:20 CET 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> >> 1. upload your SSH key(s) to your PyPI account.
> >
> > How?
>
> I would *really* like you to guess here. Seriously. If you guess
> wrong, let me know what your guess was, and I see whether I can
> arrange to make it work.

By analogy with how SSH works on other systems, I would expect to use
some other file upload protocol (e.g. FTP) to place a file named
‘authorized_keys’ in my home directory, containing the contents of my
SSH public key.

But most of that doesn't apply here: I don't have an alternate arbitrary
file-upload protocol to PyPI, only an “upload a new package version”
tool, which doesn't fit. I also don't know of a “home directory” for my
account.

--
 \           “In case you haven't noticed, [the USA] are now almost as |
  `\     feared and hated all over the world as the Nazis were.” —Kurt |