[Catalog-sig] PyPI down?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 14:34:52 CET 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 1:17 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>>> If we have time at Pycon, and if some folks are interested, I would
>>> like to finish the implementation of PEP 381,
>>
>> Is z3c.pypimirror the "sample implementation" at this point?
>
> No, it's not - although it's fairly close.

I've been looking at it to possibly use as part of the PyPI meta-data mirroring tool we discussed just before new years.

Since mirroring the meta-data would be an efficient first step towards any actual data mirroring, should I use the z3c.pypimirror code and improve that (better granularity, database caching with sqlite instead of .pkl, etc.) or start afresh.

Is it being considered as the starting point, or not?