[Catalog-sig] PEP 381 Sample/Reference Implementation, Mirroring PyPI Meta Data

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jan 13 00:35:01 CET 2010

> So...it seems that Tarek thinks the z3c.pypimirror implements the
> eventual protocol and Martin is just planning on writing "it" from
> scratch himself.

Yes, Tarek is probably not convinced that z3c.pypimirror is not a
good starting point. I may be actually wrong in assuming that it is
better to start from scratch.

> If this is to be a group effort, perhaps this would be a good time to
> whack up a repository with whatever specification (beyond what's in the
> PEP) or starting-point code is available and I'll do my little project
> within that framework.  Or not.
>
> Tarek?  Martin?

I don't have any code to share, beyond what is already implemented in
PyPI to support PEP 381 (and which is Tarek's work largely).

As for the protocol, I think the PEP says it all.