[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] packaging terminology confusion

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 13 01:29:19 CET 2010

"David Lyon" <david.lyon at preisshare.net> writes:

> If you have a zip/archive file, you can put anything in it. No reason
> why 'everything' can't go in it.
>
> A "L'Oeuf incredible" might include a Python 2.x and Python 3.x code
> set, make code for linux, .pyd for windows.
>
> It would be so un-confusing to have an egg like that.

I disagree entirely with that last statement.

However, you're now talking about changing the package format, and not
the terminology of what we already have. So I'm dropping this
sub-thread.

--
 \            “Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability.” —Edsger W. |
  `\                                                          Dijkstra |