[Catalog-sig] PyPI XML-RPC multicall support

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 13:38:53 CET 2010

On Jan 17, 2010, at 4:43 AM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> BTW, could you look in the logs real quick and see if my program's
>> User-Agent "pypimeta-mirror" is coming through properly on your end?
>
> Take a look at
>
> http://pypi.python.org/webstats/usage_201001.html

Awesome, thank you!  I'll add an appropriate version number when I get something releasable.

Right now, I've got a full set of data, in an SQLITE table (using xmlrpc MultiCall; boy did that speed things up!), and am working on writing that out to a pkl, and doing a quick API class for anyone to play around with the data.

There sure is a lot of data when you get all releases.  Some have more than 50 releases (I know 'cause it blew up the MultiCall interface)

I won't be doing any more full pulls (unless something is horribly wrong with my stored data).  Hopefully, now that I'm a little more up to speed, I'll be able to contribute a little more intelligently to the PEP 381 discussions.