[Catalog-sig] PyPI down?

Jannis Leidel jannis at leidel.info
Mon Jan 18 17:27:29 CET 2010

Am 11.01.2010 um 22:22 schrieb Tarek Ziadé:
>> Yup, nothing out of the ordinary... oh well, I guess it is just me and I'll
>> wait and hope things get better ;-)
>
> If we have time at Pycon, and if some folks are interested, I would
> like to finish the implementation of PEP 381,

FWIW, I don't see the PEP to be completed. The actual mirror protocol, how to handle multiple (unsynchronized) indexes and the API design are clearly undecided -- and not discussed.

> and if some folks in the Pip team are interested, see if we can
> develop a clisent-side geolocalisation
> thingie to pick the closest PyPI mirror.

Sadly I won't make it to this year's Pycon, even though I would be very interested in adding mirror support to pip (beyond --find-links and --index).

Jannis