[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Board] Troubled by changes to PyPI usage agreement

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Wed Jan 20 10:45:36 CET 2010

Steve Holden wrote:
> None that I am aware of, but Martin is the one who's been making changes
> most recently. I don't think there's been any input from Van on this
> yet, but I've been busy and may have forgotten or missed something.

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, the text on the PyPI registration page hasn't
changed since we last discussed the problem.

Since there is currently discussion going on about setting up
PyPI mirrors that are not maintained by the PSF, I think that
we need to do something about the licensing terms soonish, esp.
since most package authors who have uploaded things to PyPI
will not be aware of any changes to the terms and conditions of
using PyPI.

Any such change will have to be made more visible on the site
and the Python announcement list than is currently done (you only
see the text if you click on "register" on PyPI - which, of course,
already registered users will unlikely do on a regular basis :-).

Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 20 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/