[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Board] Troubled by changes to PyPI usage agreement

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 20 23:15:14 CET 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Steve Holden wrote:
> > Agreed. Until this issue is resolved we can't allow (public) third-party
> > mirrors. Given the recent adverse reactions to PyPi changes we should be
> > careful not to cause any further offense.
>
> I quite disagree on that statement; I see the issue of mirrors as
> completely unrelated, and I also don't think the current issue is
> causing any offense.

I also don't think the current issue is causing offense. What I *do*
think is that the current terms are over-reaching and need to be
changed, as outlined near the beginning of this thread.

--
 \        “Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code |
  `\     will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” —John |