[Catalog-sig] Changes to the simple pages

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jan 21 23:15:08 CET 2010

> If you use <base href> that might resolve this problem (pip looks at
> this, I haven't checked the setuptools code).

Thanks for the hint - unfortunately, that would defeat the purpose;
if the pages are mirrored as-is, they would then refer back to
python.org, whereas having them truly relative was exactly desired
for the mirroring.

So I guess I'll just arrange for the pages to depend on the
exact URL being queried. According to the setuptools spec, the
version with the trailing slash is the "official" one.

> pip does not use the Setuptools index code, and I don't have unescaping
> in pip, so the implementations differ in this case.  I guess I didn't
> notice because in tests I didn't encounter any (meaningful) links with
> &amp; in them.

So I'll go ahead and do the escaping. If this matters in practice,
somebody will surely complain.