[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Board] Troubled by changes to PyPI usage agreement

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jan 23 14:40:21 CET 2010

> The second version does seem much more user-friendly, somehow, and
> should calm fears about potential abuse of content by the Foundation.
>
> Are we going to go with that?

Not without legal advise. I would hope that users will also get
permission to make copies of the content uploaded to PyPI, without
having to study the license conditions of each and every packet
that they may want to copy (and they may actually have to make a copy
first to find out what the licensing conditions are).

So ISTM that MAL's version is *less* user-friendly (at least, to the
users of PyPI who actually want to use the packages that get uploaded).