[Catalog-sig] Monitoring for PyPI

Jacob Kaplan-Moss jacob at jacobian.org
Thu Jul 22 20:02:46 CEST 2010

Hi folks --

An update:

I've set up a monitoring service. You can see a status dashboard at
http://monitor.jacobian.org/ -- use pypi/pypi for access. DNS is still
propagating, so it may take a bit for that name to work for you.

I'm watching the master pypi as well as all of the mirrors I know
about. If there are more mirrors, tell me and I'll add them.

Notifications right now go out to me and to catalog-sig. The'll be
coming from monitor at jacobian.org, so a moderator probably needs to
whiltelist that address to post to this list. I've got things set up
to not be noisy unless there's a bonafide failure.

If anyone else wants to be notified about one or more mirrors, send me
an email off-list with the email you'd like to be notified.

If anyone's interested, I'm using monit (http://mmonit.com/monit), and
you can find a (lightly-elided) config at
http://gist.github.com/486338.

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Jacob