[Catalog-sig] Recent PyPI changes

Alexis Metaireau ametaireau at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 11:25:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 09:52 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> there is now a way to request release information in JSON,
> >   see http://tinyurl.com/38lefsp
That's indeed cool, and useful, but we can't rely on this while
crawling, too bad this JSON is not replicated on the mirrors.

It could help a lot, since there is currently no way to request the
metadatas statically in others way that downloading the distribution
archives and extracting them. (we also could use xmlrpc, but that's not
static).

What's the process I have to follow in order to get this mirrored ? Does
that sounds good for you ? IOW, whats needed to have this as a
requirements for mirrors?

Cheers,
Alexis