[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Mark Ramm mark at geek.net
Mon Jun 14 13:50:56 CEST 2010

> If, in the future, package tools start to rely on RPC for
> fetching data, the situation will shift towards needing full
> functional mirrors again.

Ideally we move some of this to be accessible via a more REST style
interface where http GET requests (which would be by far the most
common case) are still cacheable via all the standard mechanisms.

I'm not a REST evangelist in most cases, but when scale and
availability really do matter, REST buys you quite a bit by allowing
you to scale and cache in all the ways that the web does.

--Mark Ramm