[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Alexis Métaireau ametaireau at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 17:00:58 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at egenix.com> wrote:

> When designing such interfaces, please consider that the PyPI information
> is mostly static. If there's information missing, it should be easy to add
> it to e.g. a new info file placed into the package's "simple" directory
> that package tools could pick up in REST style.

Yes, it can solve some problems pointed out here, and I'll consider that.
*but* it's not a solution to all problems, and RPC calls will be of a great
help in some cases, as it could be very long to fetch all metadata, process
it on the client side and return information about eg. a search by other
fields than name (give me all distributions from this author).

But, definitively, yes, I'll consider that.

Thanks !
--
Alexis