[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 23:09:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 9:02 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
[..]
> Alternatively, you could start submitting patches.

Some work Matthieu did is already integrated via the branch I worked
on for PEP 345.
And we were considering using the same workflow since I can commit.
Of course, after a while, I wanted to propose Matthieu as a PyPI commiter.

>> Maybe it would be easier to switch to the official mercurial repository
>> (hg.python.org <http://hg.python.org>), it would allow a better
>> collaboration between everybody who would like to contribute.
>
> I'm not quite sure why that would be. You still couldn't write to the
> repository, could you? So what would be the difference?

Not answering instead of Matthieu, but with a DVCS he will be able to wrote
to the repository, and have the same privileges any other commiters have,
as long a

offer are great.

As a maintainer of the PyPI project, it makes your workflow simpler,

- contributors can clone the repo, change the code and ask you for a pull
- you can pull changes by direct hg commands, and merge them

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org