[Catalog-sig] ANN: PyPM Index

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Thu Nov 11 04:50:29 CET 2010

On 11/10/2010 7:09 PM, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
>> >  What we are selling, as part ActivePython Business Edition, is the
>> >  binary builds (via a convenient installer) for a special subset of
>> >  packages[2] among other things (big iron, support). Except these,
>> >  thousands of packages are made freely available to ActivePython
>> >  Community Edition users.
> All of my projects that I looked were marked as requiring a subscription:
> http://code.activestate.com/pypm/pyzen/. " Builds marked with a lock icon
> are only available via PyPM to users with a current ActivePython Business
> Edition subscription." Perhaps this is just a bug?
No, not a bug. I just forgot to note that Windows 64-bit in general
requires a Business Edition license to install any package from PyPM.
Therefore, all of your projects' binary builds under
http://code.activestate.com/pypm/author:Noah-Kantrowitz/ are available
for free except on Windows 64-bit.

> There is also the part on
> the side about buying a redistribution license.
Yes, an OEM license is required if you want to commercially
*redistribute* (not use) ActivePerl, ActivePython or ActiveTcl (the core
interpreter and its support libraries).

-srid