[Catalog-sig] RSS 2.0

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Sep 12 15:05:10 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> somebody requested that the PyPI RSS should add the enclosure element
> to item, pointing to the download URL. IIUC, this would require
> changing the RSS to 2.0.
>
> So: Should I make this change?

If changing the protocol used is an option, would it not be better to
use an actual specified standard: the Atom syndication protocol
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_%28standard%29>?

--
 \       “We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the |
  `\       sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his |