[Catalog-sig] PyPI syndication format

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 13 08:37:31 CEST 2010

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> Am 13.09.2010 06:01, schrieb Ben Finney:

> > Which syndication are we talking about? I don't see enclosures used
> > for <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=rss>
>
> See my original posting. The request is to add them.

Ah okay. Now that you've shown the issue URL that we can read :-) I can
see that request.

> > "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:
> >> For the issue at hand, certainly not: Atom does not have the
> >> enclosure element.

A ‘link’ element can be declared an enclosure by specifying a
‘rel="enclosure"’ attribute, according to RFC4287 §4.2.7.2
<URL:http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287#section-4.2.7.2>.

> But certainly not on the same URL, right? Speaking in favor of Atom
> doesn't help me to resolve the issue at hand.

I'm not sure what this means (“on the same URL”). Does the above
clarification help?

--
 \     “What is needed is not the will to believe but the will to find |
  `\              out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell |