[Catalog-sig] PyPI syndication format

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Sep 13 08:55:11 CEST 2010

> A ‘link’ element can be declared an enclosure by specifying a
> ‘rel="enclosure"’ attribute, according to RFC4287 §4.2.7.2
> <URL:http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4287#section-4.2.7.2>.
>
>> But certainly not on the same URL, right? Speaking in favor of Atom
>> doesn't help me to resolve the issue at hand.
>
> I'm not sure what this means (“on the same URL”). Does the above
> clarification help?

No. Currently, the RSS is provided at

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=rss

Are you proposing that, when accessing this very URL, an Atom
content should be returned?

If not: Are you in favor, opposed to, or indifferent to the
proposal of adding the enclosure element to the RSS, along
with incrementing the RSS version number?