[Catalog-sig] egg_info in PyPI

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 20 20:38:48 CEST 2010

Some high-level meta comments on this thread:

1. I broke one of my own rules. I should have asked: what problem is
   the proposed change intended to solve?  That way, even if the
   proposal wasn't right, people could have suggested better
   alternatives. :) My bad.

2. I'm pretty sure that the people who suggested making egg_info
   available didn't intend to slap anyone in the face or run afoul of
   current efforts. :)

   (Again, it would have been better to state the
   problem being solved and then request input on the proposed
   solution.)

Jim

--
Jim Fulton