[Catalog-sig] Please turn off ratings

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Apr 5 22:53:14 CEST 2011

> Martin: what's the next step here? Should I talk to Python-Dev? the
> PSF? Who has the authority to arbitrate this neutrally and make a
> decision? Or are you the BDFL for PyPI and is this the final word?

It's not the final word. If you can suggest a procedure that fairly
involves the end users also (which *frequently* had requested from
me that I provide this very feature), and they now say they don't
like this, I'd be willing to reconsider.

Also, I'd be willing to reconsider if this service was provided
offsite, and you could agree that I link to this offsite service
(as well as to other services that collect information and opinion
about PyPI packages).

I'd be also willing to accept an order from the PSF board, but would
rather hope that they refrain from giving such an order (except for
legal issues). I don't think python-dev has to do anything with this.