[Catalog-sig] Please turn off ratings

James Bennett ubernostrum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:12:21 CEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 2:55 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> How is this feature helpful to anyone at all?
>
> I maintain that the answer to that question is the same as before:
> it is helpful to the users of the package. I can easily see that
> it is not that helpful to package authors (in particular when they
> turned off comments).

Notably, you've never answered this question. When asked, you simply
assert "it is helpful", without citing a rationale, without providing
use cases and without pointing to any evidence of anyone anywhere in
the real world actually benefiting from this feature.

The onus is on you to demonstrate the benefits. If you can't, the
feature should be scrapped.