[Catalog-sig] Please turn off ratings

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 09:18:36 CEST 2011

On 05/04/2011 22:27, P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 01:28 PM 4/5/2011 -0500, Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:
>> PyPI is a catalog. Naive rating/voting features aren't part of that
>> mission. Can we please turn this ill-considered, useless feature off?
>
> +1

We have a switch to disable commenting.
Please can we have the same for ratings?

That way, those of us who pride ourselves on providing documented
packages with obvious links to mailing lists, issue trackers, and source
repositories can try and help our package users by stopping them being
subjected to this annoying distaction.

Package maintainers who don't care (nested list printer anyone?) can
leave it on and potential package users can judge them as a result.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk