[Catalog-sig] pypissh

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Apr 8 20:18:49 CEST 2011

On 05:58 pm, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I tried pypissh 1.1.  When I ran it with no arguments, it produced this
>result:
>
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "pypissh.py", line 85, in <module>
>    f = urlopen('httpssh://submit@pypi.python.org/pypi')
>  File "pypissh.py", line 74, in urlopen
>    return _opener.open(req, data, timeout)
>  File "pypissh.py", line 57, in open
>    if req.get_full_url().startswith(_badprefix):
>AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'get_full_url'

Beyond this, if I try to use pypissh with a simple setup.py like this:

    import pypissh
    pypissh.monkeypatch()

    from distutils.core import setup

    setup(
        name="fake-experiment", version="1")

It fails with this output:

    running sdist
    warning: sdist: missing required meta-data: url
    warning: sdist: missing meta-data: either (author and author_email)
or (maintainer and maintainer_email) must be supplied
    reading manifest file 'MANIFEST'
    creating fake-experiment-1
    making hard links in fake-experiment-1...
    hard linking README -> fake-experiment-1
    hard linking setup.py -> fake-experiment-1
    tar -cf dist/fake-experiment-1.tar fake-experiment-1
    gzip -f9 dist/fake-experiment-1.tar
    removing 'fake-experiment-1' (and everything under it)
    running upload
    Submitting dist/fake-experiment-1.tar.gz to
http://submit@pypi.python.org/pypi
[Errno -2] Name or service not known