[Catalog-sig] Download statistics for externally hosted packages

Stefan Krah stefan-usenet at bytereef.org
Sun Apr 10 20:21:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

The download statistics for externally hosted packages are not accurate:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/cdecimal/2.2

This displays 0 downloads, while cdecimal has quite a healthy download
rate, in particular from "high profile" users like banks, research
institutes and stock exchanges.

Would it be possible to replace the line with:

"The main project site, which offers downloads, documentation and mailing
 lists, is hosted externally."

I'm glad that the ratings are gone (even though cdecimal had a 5). I think
it would be very nice to have the option of using PyPI as a simple catalog.

By this I mean that I'd like to set up the package page once and not
worry about new information (which might not be accurate) appearing on
the page.

Stefan Krah