[Catalog-sig] Some minor issues with page content

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Apr 18 20:20:54 CEST 2011

Daniel Greenfeld wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I get a 404 when I go here which is off the package upload page:
> http://www.python.org/doc/dist/package-upload.html
>
> Also, when I go to the tutorial I see instructions pointing at
> easy_install. I thought the move was towards Pip. See
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopTutorial

Feel free to add a new section on pip.

AFAIK, pip only supports source-code packages (please correct if
this is no longer the case), so easy_install is still the way
to go for binary packages.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Apr 18 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/