[Catalog-sig] How about a dedicated web service mirror?

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Tue Apr 19 18:11:49 CEST 2011

 Hi,

> When Python Packages launches it will be hitting the XMLRPC server
> over 10,000 times a day - at least once per listed package.

 BTW, what is Python Packages?  I’ve looked at Django Packages and it
 looks like a project index, like PyPI, so I wonder what Python Packages
 is that PyPI isn’t (or couldn’t be patched to be).

 (The term “Python Packages” in a search engine of course matches
 documentation for Python packages (things you can import, not things
 you
 distribute), so I’m asking here.)

 Regards