[Catalog-sig] "python 2 only" classifier

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sun Dec 11 22:42:10 CET 2011

On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 13:01 -0800, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
> The "keywords" argument to setup(), which can then be searched via the XML-RPC API.
>
> --Noah

The intent is to allow a site like http://python3wos.appspot.com/ to
ignore distributions that signify an intent never to port to Python 3.
To this extent, it has to be a marker that is widely understood and
gains usage.  It seems weird to say "ok yeah, tell us which versions of
Python you support in the Trove classifiers here.. and yeah, over here
too, except not in the Trove classifiers."  I don't understand.

- C