[Catalog-sig] Total number of packages in PyPI

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Jan 30 20:10:30 CET 2011

Baiju M wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 11:48 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> But many of the packages are not really existing in PyPI:
>>> http://paste.pocoo.org/raw/329292/
>>> Is there any auto-generated list of these packages
>>> somewhere ?
>>
>> I don't know what a "not really existing" package is;
>
> For those package, there is no page with user visible
> information in "pypi" index but there is an empty "simple" index.
>
> For example, this page give 404:
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/slapos.slapmonitor/
> Whereas, this page gives an empty page:
> http://pypi.python.org/simple/slapos.slapmonitor/

Sounds like a bug in PyPI. Perhaps those are deleted packages
that, for some reason, still get displayed on the simple/

E.g.

http://pypi.python.org/simple/Webware/:
Links for Webware
0.8 home_page
0.8 download_url
0.8.1 home_page
0.8.1 download_url

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Webware/:
Not Found ()

but there is a package:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Webware for Python/

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jan 30 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/