[Catalog-sig] an immutable mirror of PyPI

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jul 5 00:48:23 CEST 2011

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there any interest in running an immutable mirror of PyPI on
> python.org as a service to package users?

AFAIK, gocept is running such a mirror for the own purposes.
You might want to partner up with them.

I can put you in touch with Christian Theune/GoCept if you like.

In general, I find the idea to use a potentially volatile service
for running buildout or similar tools a hazardous approach to
software configuration management, esp. in production environments.

Why don't you just download the packages you have tested and
ship them with your application, bypassing all the network
and usability issues of a dynamic catalog server ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Jul 05 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/