[Catalog-sig] disallowing the removal of packages?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 5 09:38:54 CEST 2011

Am 04.07.2011 21:56, schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> How much is this like, say, Debian
> and how much is this like a developer's website?

It's completely unlike Debian:
- in Debian, you have package maintainers that perform the packaging,
  deal with bug reports (despite not being the original author), and
  decide which upstream release is put into what Debian release.
  Nobody takes that role in PyPI.
- in Debian, you have the DFSG and other policy documents determining
  what licenses are allowed, and how software must behave. In PyPI,
  the only policy is that it must be a Python package.

I dom't know what you mean by "developer's website", so I can't
comment on whether PyPI is one.