[Catalog-sig] disallowing the removal of packages?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jul 5 20:10:39 CEST 2011

Am 05.07.2011 19:53, schrieb Martijn Faassen:
> Hi there,
>
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Not at all. I can see the problem you are having. I'm just suggesting
>> that you should take an entirely different approach to solving it,
>> instead of the one you are heading to (i.e. make the download place
>> provide packages "forever").
>
> Heading to? I've been doing this stuff since 2007. :)

I think you misunderstood: I was talking about the approach you are
heading to (i.e. a download place that provides packages "forever").
... unless I misunderstood, and you have been using such a mirror
since 2007.

> The stuff I use typically isn't in Debian or
> has a version in Debian I don't want to use.

I try to avoid software that is not packaged in Debian, and
work around limitations that the versions in Debian may have.