[Catalog-sig] Stable-releases-only PyPi

Sergey Schetinin sergey at maluke.com
Sat Jul 9 17:14:02 CEST 2011

Hi,

So there was some talk in paste-users list on releasing beta versions
on PyPi or not, as easy_install and others pick them up by default. (
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/paste-users/1UAuadQjKng/qxVuF6lNU6QJ )
I've also had problems caused by that before (random segfaults due to
beta release of lxml), so I can relate to the problem, but I still
think betas should go to pypi.

So, I've hacked together what seems like an obvious fix -- a pypi
mirror/proxy that only includes stable versions.
http://pypi-stable.maluke.com/

Anyway, just thought some people in this list might be interested in this.
For more info see the thread linked above.

-Sergey

--
http://self.maluke.com/