[Catalog-sig] Stable-releases-only PyPi

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jul 10 09:10:08 CEST 2011

Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> writes:

> Sorry but a pretty worthless effort since there is no enforced version
> schema and in addition the classifiers are often just unmaintained or
> wrong.

Conversely, the presence of a tool that uses the classifier information
in this way could encourage people to put useful information in there.

+1. I'm in favour, all else being equal, of having a distinct repository
of stable-release-only packages.

--
 \       “The Vatican is not a state.… a state must have people. There |
  `\    are no Vaticanians.… No-one gets born in the Vatican except by |