[Catalog-sig] Stable-releases-only PyPi

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Mon Jul 11 14:41:18 CEST 2011

Le 10/07/2011 10:11, Tarek Ziadé a écrit :
> This is not true anymore for metadata 1.2 which follow pep 386. Pypi already
> implements it. Pushing a non-386 version gets your action rejected.

I was under the impression that PEP 386 only defined the syntax of
version numbers and a comparison algo, but no semantics.  IOW there is
no way for a tool to know that 2.6.33 is devel and 2.6.34 stable, or
that 1.0.4 does not break compatibility with 1.0.2, or anything else of
the sort.

> Plus distutils 2 has a prefer final flag

Is final the same thing as stable?

Regards