[Catalog-sig] Fwd: Recieved following error at 15:11 EST, 7/8/2011 on pypi.python.org/pypi/

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Fri Jul 15 13:07:00 CEST 2011

On 15 July 2011 07:41, Richard Jones <richard at python.org> wrote:

> Sorry for the silence.
>
> Currently there's no pypi admins alias, though I think it'd probably be
> nice to have rather than to have three email addresses hard-coded into the
> application like we have at the moment :-)
>
> On the other hand, in terms of this error page - is it possible to
> customise it to forward the user to the support tracker (ie. the one in the
> pypi sidebar) rather than email?

The particular error page is just the standard error 500 page served by
Apache - and it is possible to configure Apache to serve a custom one for
the pypi subdomain. Not that I know *specifically how* to do that, but I
know it is possible. :-)

A pypi admin address, that just forwards to this list (?) sounds like a very
good idea (as well).

All the best,

Michael

>      Richard
>
> On 9 July 2011 05:22, Michael Foord <michael at voidspace.org.uk> wrote:
>
>>  Would it be possible to configure pypi to not recommend contacting
>> webmaster at python.org on server error, but contact the pypi admins
>> instead?
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>> Michael Foord
>>
>> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: Recieved following error at
>> 15:11 EST, 7/8/2011 on pypi.python.org/pypi/  Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
>> 15:11:09 -0400  From: Jordan Goldstein <jordango at mit.edu><jordango at mit.edu>  To:
>> webmaster at python.org
>>
>> Enjoy.
>>
>> Please try again later.
>>
>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>> unable to complete your request.
>>
>> Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at python.org and inform
>> them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
>> may have caused the error.
>>
>> More information about this error may be available in the server error
>> log.

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/

May you do good and not evil