[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] pypi/packages/docs.python.org

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Mar 6 23:18:14 CET 2011

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>>> As for a big link: if you think your page should have one, you are free
>>> to make it yourself already.
>>
>> Sure but,
>>
>> 1/ I have never asked for the "Downloads ↓" link either, but the UI
>> did add it, and it's really more ergonomic.
>>
>> 2/ I have never asked for "Latest Version: 0.6.14" on this page : hit
>> ttp://pypi.python.org/pypi/distribute/0.6.9
> [...]
>> And I think a link to packages.python.org/distribute is at the same level
>
> I can sympathize with that view. Cc'ing catalog-sig here:
>
> if anybody would *not* want to have a "Documentation" link automatically
> generated that points to packages.python.org/<project>, please speak up.

That would only make sense if there's something uploaded to
the PyPI docs dir.

If PyPI can detect that, +1. Otherwise, I think it's better not
adding such an automatic link, since no link is better than one
going nowhere.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 06 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/