[Catalog-sig] " A simple printer of nested lists"

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Mar 24 09:51:15 CET 2011

Chris Withers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any chance we could put a block in place on packages that mention this
> phrase?
>
> Has anyone had any joy tracking down the author of the book that
> resulted in this avalanche of junk? At the very least they could publish
> an errata explaining their horrific mistake...

I'm obviously missing some context here, but there are indeed
quite a few copies of seemingly the same module up PyPI:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=simple+printer+of+nested+lists

Is it possible that the book used the module to explain creating
distutils packages and uploading them to PyPI ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 24 2011)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/