[Catalog-sig] " A simple printer of nested lists"

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Mar 25 01:43:15 CET 2011

On 3/24/2011 7:57 AM, René Dudfield wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Richard Jones<richard at python.org>  wrote:
>>
>> I've previously contacted someone involved with this book - it may
>> have been Paul, I'm not sure. Searching historical Twitter is next to
>> useless. In any case the response was along the lines of them being OK
>> with all the packages being created. Something about there now being
>> more contributors to PyPI.

There are 25 to delete at the moment ;-).

> Deffo.  It's a win overall.  Only a tiny fraction of python
> programmers upload their software onto pypi currently.
>
> Also it's good to have such healthy competition in the simple printing
> of nested lists space.

What to book apparently lacks is instructions and an exercise in
deleting a package. The first principle of operationing machines is
finding the off switch before flipping the on switch. I am reminded of
story of the Sorcerer's Apprentice.

--
Terry Jan Reedy