[Catalog-sig] PyPI's external packages

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Fri May 13 17:21:36 CEST 2011

Le 12/05/2011 21:04, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com a écrit :
> On 03:57 pm, ziade.tarek at gmail.com wrote:
>> [...]
>> I'll definitely do something in distutils2 but maybe someone has a
>> better idea ?
> Make it easier to upload packages to PyPI.  For example, [...]
> make "upload" work even if the package files exist on
> the filesystem somewhere already.

You’re referring to the fact that “upload” won’t push files already
present in dist/, right?  I don’t know whether this was a design choice
of Martin or merely done for code simplicity, but currently the command
will only push files that are products of a command run from the same
command line, e.g. “sdist upload”.  If you run “sdist and then “sdist
upload”, is the sdist recreated even though there have been no changes
to the files?

If no, having to run “sdist upload” is not inefficient, and makes you be
explicit about the files you want to push, which is IMO good.  Do you agree?

If yes, I think it’s a bug.

Regards